Thursday, July 12, 2012
San Diego Summer 2012
We escaped the AZ summer heat and headed to San Diego for a nice little vacation. Henry was super excited to see Shamu! The kids both did great and we had a great time. We drove over which they both tolerated very well, with the help of the DVD player in the car. I remember driving to CA when I was a kid, I have to say our kids are totally spoiled in the driving department, but then again Scott and I are equally spoiled because it makes driving so much easier. We stayed right on the bay with the sand just footsteps away at the Bahia, which was really nice. The day we drove in we visited Mission beach and hung out at the bay near our hotel. We spent one day at Sea World, one day at the San Diego Zoo, we rode the Bahia Belle boat, and on the day we drove home we hung out on the beach and made a quick trip to the Birch Aquarium. Henry said his favorite parts were Shamu, the sharks, the polar bears, the snakes, and the beach. Allie squealed with delight at Shamu and the dolphins and running on the beach, we practically needed a leash for her on the beach because she would have happily jumped right the the ocean, she tried many times, however she cannot swim :). Allie was very well behaved for an 18 month old but I can tell you we were all beyond exhausted when we got home. Not much relaxing happening with a 5 year old and 1 1/2 year old but we had a great time and made some great memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment